October 11, 2012

Lonsdale Quay: The Coffee Bun & The Soup Meister

The Coffee Bun Bakery & Cafe at Lonsdale Quay is one of my favorite spots in the Quay! Why? Their Coffee buns are unlike any other bun I've had in Vancouver and did I mention they are baked fresh daily?!
Their interior decor is simple,and cute. It reminds me of the cafes I see in Korean Dramas.
Since we were still pretty full (and I needed to save room for soup from Soup Meister), we shared the Chocolate Coffee Bun. The buns are baked daily and many of their flavors sell out quite quickly. The coffee bun had a crunchy coffee crust , similar to the Chinese Pineapple bun minus the flakiness. The bun itself was soft, airy and the had a good amount of chocolate filling, which was still warm as well.
I'll be picking up a dozen of these to share next time!

A trip to the Lonsdale Quay isn't complete without a visit to the Soup Meister. Their soups are made on site, and if you visit early enough, you'll see them prepping and stirring huge pots of soup.
Their soups change and sell out through out the day. The Roasted Garlic Potato Soup w/ smoked salmon was hearty and as usual, we licked the bowl clean. 
There were large chunks of smoked salmon and its smoky flavor went well with the roasted garlic.
Of all the times I have visited the Soup Meister, there hasn't been a time when I didn't enjoy their soups. They've all been a hit for me. With the chilly weather coming, it's a great time to pay a visit!

Overall
Coffee Bun
Fresh, fluffy, yummy buns. 
Soup Meister
Soups all made fresh, available to go and refrigerated options are also available.


The Coffee Bun Bakery & Cafe on Urbanspoon The Soup Meister (Lonsdale Quay) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment