September 04, 2011

Langley Vietnamese Cuisine

Deciding what to eat in Langley can be challenging. Aside from fast food, chain restaurants, and sushi there really is not much variety.Did you know Langley is home to the only Olive Garden in BC?
Langley Vietnamese Cuisine is one of a handful of Vietnamese restaurants in the area and popular with the locals.They serve the typical pho restaurant dishes and a few Chinese and Japanese inspired dishes too.
Not only do they serve a decent bowl of pho, but their service is great.
The staff are quite entertaining and humorous,at times reminding me of a "family friendly" version of La Charcuterie Delicatessen ;]

My favorite Vietnamese restaurant was in Abbotsford and yes, I made trips all the way their to get my fix. I need to find a place serving pig blood in their pho and restaurants serving broken rice! Please let me know of any suggestions.
Their bean sprouts and cilantro are very fresh and crisp .I actually enjoyed munching on the bean sprouts by themselves while I waited.
House Special
Their toppings of sliced beef, meatballs and noodles were generous. Their broth, is clear, simple and lightly fragrant.I enjoyed it. No heavy amounts of cinnamon or lemon grass :)
Lemon Grass Chicken on Rice
The lemon grass chicken here is the most juciest, tender and flavorful I have tried. It also comes with a side salad, also very fresh. The portion was just enough for one person.

Langley Vietnamese Cuisine on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never thought to get pho in Langley, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's one of the last things many would want to try in Langley. Their Chinese food is pretty...pathetic *sigh* Lemon Chicken, Kung Pow Chicken...

    ReplyDelete