July 04, 2012

Summer Night Market: Part 1

Night Markets are one of the highlights of my summer. Where else can you go buy cute girly things,hide your dog in your purse AND eat all at the same place?
The Summer Night Market on Vulcan Way, known for their free admission, is set up pretty much the same way as it has been for the last few years. They have some new food stands, but since we went in May (yes, I'm very behind in my posts), the Food area was not fully open.
Nevertheless, one stand caught my eye. Crunchy Dogs! They call it Korean-style hot dogs. Essentially, a deep fried hot dog covered in fries (potato or sweet potato) in a flavor of your choice. 
The sweet potato with BBQ flavoring was very salty. We had to shake off the excessive amounts of powder on it. I really liked the concept, and would order it plain on my next visit.

For comparison, the potato with parmesan garlic was the least salty of the two. I prefer the sweet potato version but this would taste great plain and drizzled with ketchup!

Only Part One of many to come on the Summer Night Market!

Summer Night Market 夏日夜市 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment