June 21, 2012

True Confections

True Confections,  for  straight years has won the Georgia Straight's Golden Plates for Best Desserts Readers Choice Awards.
The serve cakes, cheesecakes, trifles, pies...desserts. Desserts and more desserts!
My favorite are their cheese cakes!
True Confections have their classic flavors as well as some seasonal ones too.





The Lemon Meringue Cheesecake, a Lemon Meringue Pie+Cheese Cake combined into one! 

The Lemon Cheesecake was sweet and tart, all at the same time. It didn't taste like a block of cream cheese but  it wasn't overly fluffy and bland either. A good balance of richness. I would order this again.

The Strawberry Shortcake was light, fluffy and there was strawberry flavor in every bite. For me, this was a bit too much stratwberry sauce. The strawberry sauce had a very runny consistency, pared with a fluffy sponge cake, it was mushy and a little too sweet for my preference. I enjoyed it, but I would recommend asking for sauce on the size or for less sauce.
I love strawberries and this was yummy :)

Overall
I would recommend Cheese cakes over their Cakes 
One stomach...too many choices!

True Confections (Broadway) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment