September 17, 2011

Spicy Stone

Spicy Stone is one of the few places I can find "edible & decent" food up at SFU. Having Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffins and soups nearly every day is tiring. The restaurant offers quick, hot and filling dishes that are pretty affordable as well.

Teriyaki Chicken
My go-to dish at Spicy Stone. By no means is this comparable to food "off the mountain" but it's alright. The chicken is tender and teriyaki sauce has a sesame fragrance, very enjoyable.  The order also comes with a small side salad, a slice of fruit and spring roll. The salad's vinaigrette has a very pungent garlic smell which I am not fond of but hey, at least I'm eating my vegetables! The spring roll is typically, cold and does not taste very fresh at all, as if it they were fried in the morning and dry. I typically just dip it into the teriyaki sauce.
Portion wise, it does fill you up and a alternative from the chilli at Tim Hortons. Spicy Stone (SFU) on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this! I will keep this in mind for when I'm backkkkkk :)

    ReplyDelete