April 04, 2012

Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread opened back in 2010. Fast forward to 2012, the popular sandwich shop has been featured on Guy Fieri's Diners Drive Ins and Dives!

Their menu is simple, with 4 types of sandwiches: Porchetta, Daily Special (I recommend following their Twitter to see what it will be), Grilled Cheese and Meatball.

I arrived before the lunch hour rush but it was still busier than their usual days as Meat&Bread featured on DDD the night before.

I usually order their daily specials but this time, I stuck with the famous Porchetta. The Porchetta, a spice rubbed pork with spice, rolled in rosemary, and fennel, and baked until the skin is crisp.
It's similar to Chinese BBQ pork and Lechon, but with a few more spices and without the bones.


Nearly everyone in front of me ordered the Porchetta, a good sign. Each sandwich is made to order.
The Porchetta ($8) was crispy, tender and messy! The spices and Salsa Verde were fragrant but not overpowering. The pork was tender, but it didn't have the melt-in-your mouth scenario I get from Chinese BBQ pork. Good but not great. My sandwich didn't have very many pieces of the yummy crispy skin :(. The Ciabatta bread was fresh and chewy . It went well with the sandwich. The portion was just right for an average person...I left hungry!

We had it to go and as we were walking, I ended up getting it all over my hands and falling out. Very messy...good thing we grabbed extra napkins.

Note: What part of Meat & Bread is it a diner, a drive in or a dive? Tripe D worthy? Nahhhh.
Recommendations
•Daily specials
Verdict
J 


Meat & Bread on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment